A vision for your life.
This is a concept I have been contemplating today.
I don’t work outside the home. I spend 90% of my day taking care of 4 other people. I also spend most days just trying to survive.
I’m guessing that most of you stay at home moms are feeling me right now.
Having visions and goals in life seems like something people who work full time jobs have. They want to get promoted, become a supervisor, make more money, retire with great benefits.
But, what about those of us who are at home, spending some days in our pajamas, knee deep in laundry and messes?
I think about my wants and desires. What do I want for my family? What do I want for myself?
I took the plunge a few months ago to become a Beachbody coach. I know, I know, I’m sure that statement is getting a lot of eye rolls right now. But hear me out.
I love fitness and was working out daily. I was also trying to lose some baby weight from my 3rd baby. This opportunity presented itself and I said yes. This is something new for me. I don’t enjoy stepping out of my comfort zone.
But, I saw how this program not only changed my health and life, but how it was impacting others.
People don’t understand. They don’t understand what I am doing, they don’t see why I would waste my time.
A few months ago I would not be able to explain myself. I didn’t have goals or a plan for my future.
Today, as I sit and actually think about goals and dreams, I think I finally have some answers, not only for others, but most importantly for myself.
I believe everything that we do in life has a purpose. I believe I became a Beachbody coach for a reason. This was to help me with my wants and dreams.
My goals are not all Beachbody related. I don’t eat, sleep and breathe this business.
I am also tired of caring what the rest of the world thinks of me. I mask most of my feelings behind jokes and complaints about my kids. But, in reality, I am really insecure and a people pleaser. I don’t enjoy others feeling uncomfortable. I don’t speak my mind on controversial topics unless I am 100% sure of what yours are. This is because I am so focused on other peoples feelings and thoughts, that I push mine aside.
Social media is a funny thing. People want you to post. Its human nature to want to see all that is going on in other peoples lives. It makes us feel good about what we have going on in our lives (or, it makes us envious and therefore gives us something to complain about).
I have also started to notice something else, (now that I am on a roll). I have noticed that those closest to us are the least likely to support us in our “Out of the box” endeavors. I am guilty of it as well. We see someone happy or taking risks and we shut down. Why is that? I don’t have the answer, but it is something that has mystified me for years. Again, I do it too. Is it human nature? I don’t know.
So, back on track to my original thought. Vision.
I have not thought about my vision for my future or my families seriously. I have dreams and wishes for them. I of course want them all to be happy and healthy and to be successful at whatever they choose to do in life.
But, as a whole for the whole family and for myself, I don’t think I really have thought about it.
As I am writing this, I am starting to think seriously about what it is I want. I have been able to come up with some things that I have been really thinking about for awhile.
Here they are:
- I want to be that person who puts their faith before all things. Loving and serving the Lord first and for most.
- Loving and serving my family. Truly putting their needs before mine. I want to be a patient and loving mother.
- Being able to help my husband pay for my children’s education.
- Being able to pay for my children to do the activities they want, such as the horseback riding my 5 year old begs me to do.
- Go on vacation with my family. We have never been on vacation as a family. We spend all our money with trips to see our families every year, which of course are special and important, we just have never been able to enjoy a trip together, making memories as a family.
- My husband and I dream of owning land and having a small farm, homesteading. I want to make this happen.
- I want to be a successful Beachbody coach. I want to help others and change their lives. I believe in fitness and its impact not only on our physical health, but also on our mental health.
- I want to be successful so I can financially help my husband while staying at home with my children.
This post has me really going out of my comfort zone. I worry that people will be irritated, they will find me annoying.
But, I really have to stop caring. I am a grown woman. Taking care of my family and of myself should be what I care about. Helping others and reaching my goals is what I want out of my life.
Writing these goals down for the world (or just a few people) to see, makes them real for me.